Thinking of Renting?
Before deciding to rent a property there are a few rules and regulations to be considered.
Importantly lease and tenancy agreements differ between states, so please ensure you have all the documentation appropriate to the location of your chosen property.
A Residential Tenancy Agreement (or lease) will be drawn up and is a legally binding contract that both you (the tenant) and the owner of the property (the landlord) must abide by.
A lease should include information such as:
- location of the property
- the total amount of the rent to be paid (weekly, fortnightly or monthly)
- the total amount of the bond
- commencement and end date of your tenancy
- the landlord’s name and signature
- the tenant’s name and signature
- any special conditions
If you have questions about how to find the right rental property for you or do not understand the process, please contact us at 03 5872 1255